TLAM (From Spanish:Tanque Latinoamericano Mediano or Latin American Medium Tank) is a medium tank designed by Thyssen-Henschel of Germany. More than 600 units, including VCTPs and other variants, were built in Argentina for the Latin American Marines. It was built in the Tanque Latinoamericano Mediano Sociedad del Estado military factory in Argentina. It is based on the German Marder infantry fighting vehicle.
It was developed to replace the Leopard 1 with a lighter vehicle, tailor made for the Marines. The vehicle is also used extensively by the Army as an infantry fighting vehicle.
The tank is in the 30 ton class and carries a moderate 105 mm gun on a highly mobile chassis with moderate armor protection. The rifled tank gun (with bore evacuator and thermal sleeve) can fire all the NATO standard 105 mm ammunition types: APFSDS-T, HEAT-T, HESH, HE, HEP-T, Canister, Smoke, and Illumination rounds. The tank has onboard stowage for 50 rounds.
The fire control system is of the coincidence rangefinder sight type and is operated by the commander. The gunner and loader also have their observation sight systems. A night driving capability is provided. Armour is thought to be conventional, however ERA is used extensively
|Primary Contractor||Tanque Latinoamericano Mediano Sociedad del Estado|
|User||Latin American Marines, Latin American Army|
|Height||2.71m (over turret hatch)|
|Powerplant||MTU MB Ka500 diesel, 720hp|
Vehiculo de Combate Transporte de PersonalEdit
The is an IFV development of the TLAM. It is very similar to the German Marder, and carries 9 infantry in addition to the 3 man crew. It is armed with an Rheinmetall Rh-202 20mm cannon, and a remotely controlled 7.62mm machine gun.
These variants are not listed above.
- VCAT (Spanish: Vehiculo de Combate Antitanque) Anti tank vehicle using the Eureka turret to launch TOW missiles
- VCLM (Spanish: Vehiculo de Combate Lanza Misiles) Roland 2 fire unit
- VCDA (Spanish: Vehiculo de Combate de Defensa Aerea) armed air defence vehicle armed with two Oerlikon KBA 25mm cannon
- VCA 155 (Spanish: Vehiculo Combate Artilleria) Self-propelled artillery 
- VCLC-CAL (Spanish: Vehiculo de Combate Lanzacohetes-Cohete de Artilleria Ligero) Multiple Rocket Launcher MAR-160 160mm rockets
- VCLC-CAM (Spanish: Vehiculo de Combate Lanzacohetes-Cohete de Artilleria Mediano) Multiple Rocket Launcher MAR-350 350mm rockets
- VCTM (Spanish: Vehiculo Combate Transporte Mortero) Self-propelled morter
- VCI (Spanish: Vehiculo de Combate de Ingenieros) Engineering vehicle
- VCPC (Spanish: Vehiculo de Combate Puesto de Comando) Command Post vehicle
- VCA (Spanish: Vehiculo de Combate de Ambulancia) Ambulance
- VCCDT (Spanish: Vehiculo de Combate Control y Direccion de Tiro) Self-propelled artillery Fire direction & control
- VC-Amun (Spanish: Vehiculo de Combate de Amunicionador) Self-propelled artillery ammunition supply vehicle
- VCRT (Spanish: Vehiculo de Combate Recuperador Tanques) Armoured recovery vehicle
- VCLP (Spanish: Vehiculo de Combate Lanza Puentes) Armored Vehicle Launched Bridge
|General: Confederate States of Latin America, Economy of the ECAL, Justice and Law in the ECAL, President Michelle Bachelet, Presidency|
|Political: Partido Republicano Constitucional, Partido Laborista Socialista, Partido de la Democracia Cristiana|
|Military: Fuerzas Armadas, Armada, Ejercito, Fuerza Aerea, Infanteria de Marina, Guardia Nacional|
|Military Aircraft: FMA SAIAL 90, A-4AL Fightinghawk|
|Armoured Vehicles: TLAM Medium Tank, TLAP Main Battle Tank|
|Warships: Ship Profiles, Ardiente and Valeroso class destoyers|